by Georges Theves, Docteur vétérinaire, Luxembourg
Content: The training and the examination of Luxembourg’s veterinarians were dictated during the first forty years of the 19th Century by the French and thereafter by the Dutch. Legislation on examinations of the Luxembourg State remained in effect from 1841 to 1969. In 1969, the legislation on the conferment of degrees was replaced by the conferment of foreign titles and degrees of higher education. In the appendix, the author shortly presents four veterinarians from Luxembourg known in their time in the Alfort circle.